Water Saving Tips:
Strategies to Conserve Water Inside:
- Check all faucets, toilets, and pipes for leaks.
- Install water saving showerheads and ultra-low-flush Toilets.
- Take shorter showers.
- Never use your toilet as a wastebasket.
- Defrost frozen food in the refrigerator.
- Rinse vegetables in a full sink or pan of water.
- Fully load your dishwasher.
- Rinse dishes in a complete pan or sink of water.
- Wash full loads of clothing.
Methods to Save Water Outdoors:
- Do not over-water landscaping.
- Water your yard or garden early in the morning or late in evening.
- Adjust sprinklers so that they don’t water the pavement or street.
- Don’t water cool, rainy or chilly days.
- Equip all hoses with shut-off nozzles.
- Use drip irrigation systems.
- Plant drought-tolerant or low water-use plants and blossoms.
- Use shrubs and ground cover to decrease the sum of grass.
- Place mulch around plants to reduce evaporation and discourage weeds.
- Place your mower blades one notch higher, since longer bud Means less evaporation.
- Use a pool cover to cut down on water evaporation.
- Use a bucket instead of a hose to clean your vehicle.
- Use a broom Instead of a hose to wash sidewalks,