Do you feel self-conscious on account of your excess weight? Does this prevent you from living your life to the fullest? It is very important to dress appropriately for every occasion, whether you at work or leisure. There are quite a few misconceptions about plus size fashion and these might cause you to dress inappropriately. Use the following tips to look your very best no matter what the occasion is:
• Always choose clothes that fit well. Avoid wearing clothes that are too loose and baggy thinking that they will cover you up well (they just look boring) or clothes that are too tight thinking that they will make you look slimmer. Clothes that have been tailored for your dimensions will hang well on you and emphasize your best features.
• Avoid wearing turtle necks and similar clothes because you believe that covering up will make you look slimmer. In fact, you should show skin very judiciously, especially at the neck in order to avoid showing an unbroken expanse of skin. At the same time, very deep necklines can be uncomfortable if you are very busty and you will attract unwanted attention.
• Use dark colors to camouflage heavier parts of your body. It is a fact that dark colors are slimming. Therefore if you have wide hips then white trousers will just make you look wider.
• Go for clean lines. They give you as streamlined a look as possible. On the other hand, clothes that have lots of pockets, studs and buttons will just make you look larger. Be especially wary of excess pockets on your jeans or trousers. Clean and classic lines will also give you a sophisticated and stylish look.
• Buy the right undergarments. They will give you the right support just where you need it. Your bras should be able to lift your breasts away from your tummy and there shouldn’t be any bulges on top of them. Similarly, wear panties of the right size so that your bottom does not get “cut” into two horizontally. As a matter of fact, it is a good idea to spend a lot of money on the right undergarments.
• Accessorize keeping your size in mind. Stay away from tiny accessories, especially handbags, because they will make you look very large in comparison.
Just because you are a bit (or more than a bit) overweight does not mean that you cannot dress well and feel good about yourself. These tips will help you look absolutely wonderful.